FIL Luge Prediction Game – Terms and Conditions of Participation§ 1 Scope
The following terms and conditions govern participation in the game that has been initiated by the International Luge Federation and runs through the 2019/2020 season. Prizes are as follows:
- The overall winner of the prediction game will receive two VIP tickets and two nights stay for a weekend (travel must be arranged and paid for by the winner) covering one luge competition during the next World Cup season of 2020/2021.
- The half-time leader after the first four competitions will receive 2x2 BMW VIP-Tickets for a race weekend of choice. The decision where the tickets will be redeemed must be done by 7th of January 2020.
- The top three scorers for each World Cup competition will receive the following prizes:
- 1st prize: Start number bib with at least three autographs of the winners or other top-stars in the luge scene
- 2nd prize: BMW thermal cup and Viessmann Playmobil luger
- 3rd prize: Eberspächer cap
The game is not associated with Facebook, and is not in any way sponsored, supported, or organized by Facebook. Facebook will not receive the data and information provided by the participant. Such data and information will be received by the International Luge Federation and the agency authorized by the International Luge Federation. Facebook is not responsible for content published in connection with this game. Participants may not assert any claims against Facebook that are related to participation in the game. By entering this game the participant accepts the terms and conditions of participation.§ 2 Participation
Only individual persons may participate in the game and may do so only once. Only those persons who are at least 18 years of age are entitled to participate. By participating in the game, the participant confirms that the data supplied by the participant is correct and that the information provided in the Facebook Profile used to participate is also correct. The participant agrees to allow his name to be used in connection with the game on the website and social media channels of the International Luge Federation. To unsubscribe from the FIL-Luge prediction game please send us an e-mail to email@example.com
. Entries to the prediction game must not contain any defamatory statements, discriminatory remarks, false information, or any infringements of competition law, trademarks, or copyrights. The participant is personally responsible for any violations of the law committed by him/her and therefore holds the International Luge Federation harmless from any liability and/or claims asserted by third parties. Employees of the International Luge Federation and competing athletes are prohibited from participating.§ 3 How the game is played
The player having the most points after all of the Viessmann World Cup competitions and the FIL World Championship have ended, wins the overall prize. Prizes are also awarded to the top three results entries for each Viessmann World Cup competition and the FIL World Championships (see above). Entries can be submitted in each case before the first competition of the weekend. In order to inform you about the latest ranking and the activation of the next round you will receive an e-mail. The international Luge Federation will contact the winners by e-mail. The winner shall confirm acceptance of the prize by e-mail. This e-mail must include a postal address that is required to receive the prize. The participant shall forfeit his/her prize claim if this confirmation is not received within 30 days, otherwise the International Luge Federation reserves the right to award the prize to one of the other participants. The same conditions shall apply if the user's Facebook App Permissions have been revoked after participating.
Method used to determine winners:
- 1st place guessed correctly 10 points
- 2nd place guessed correctly 6 points
- 3rd place guessed correctly 3 points
- All three best ranked athletes of a competition guessed in the correct order + 20 points
- All three best ranked athletes guessed correctly but in the wrong order + 10 points
- Two of the three best ranked athletes guessed correctly but in the wrong order + 6 points
- One of the three best ranked athletes guessed correctly but in the wrong rank + 3 points
In the event multiple entries have the same number of points after the Viessmann World Cup weekend, the FIL World Championships and at the end of the game, winners will be selected by a drawing.
Prizes cannot be substituted nor transferred to third parties. Material prizes cannot be awarded as cash and cannot be exchanged.§ 4 Exclusion from participating in the game and termination for other reasons
The International Luge Federation reserves the right to exclude those participants from taking part in the game who have used illegitimate resources and/or have otherwise violated the terms and conditions of participation. When such cases occur prizes can be subsequently denied and reclaimed. The International Luge Federation reserves the right to interrupt or terminate the game at any time without prior announcement, and without statement of the reasons for such action. The Federation is authorized to take such action specifically when any technical and/or legal reasons make it impossible to implement the game in proper fashion, in which case no winners will be chosen.§ 5 Miscellaneous
No right of appeals exists. The law of the Federal Republic of Germany shall apply exclusively. If individual terms and conditions of participation are invalid or become invalid, such invalidity shall not affect the validity of the remaining terms and conditions of participation.